106 Brown Avenue
Prospect Park, NJ 07508
Phone: (973) 790-7902 x 527 & 528
Fax: (973) 790-6632
Judge: Honorable Abdelmageid "John" Abdelhadi
Acting Court Administrator: Miata Frierson
Prosecutor: Hisham Masri, Esq.
Public Defender: Richard J. Baldi, Esq.
Court Officers : Robert Marcoux
Deputy Court Administrator: Naomi Del Valle-Kasib
About Our Court
The Prospect Park Municipal Court has a Court Administrator and a Deputy Administrator who is appointed by the Mayor for one year term. The Municipal Court Administrator and the Deputy Administrator are responsible for:
- Carrying out the rules, directive, memorandum, policies and amendments of the New Jersey Judiciary System, as well as procedures relating to the operation of the Court.
- Receiving complaints and dispensing information relating to Court matters.
- Maintaining the financial records of the Court and entering them in the docket; arranging trial calendars; signing Court documents; preparing and issuing warrants; and receiving and accounting for fines and costs.
We take pride in handling every individual case, traffic matter, criminal matters, and most important is our customer service. The Municipal Court has jurisdiction over all motor vehicle matters, disorderly person complaints, fish & game violations, weights & measure complaints as well as all local ordinance violations.
Mission Statement of the New Jersey Courts
We are an independent branch of government constitutionally entrusted with the fair and just resolution of disputes in order to preserve the rule of law and to protect the rights and liberties guaranteed by the Constitution and laws of the United States and this State.
We are an independent branch of government
We resolve disputes in a peaceful, fair and just manner
We act to preserve the rule of law and to protect rights and liberties guaranteed by the Constitution and laws of New Jersey and the United States
Your Rights in the Municipal Courts of the State of New Jersey.
- You are PRESUMED TO BE INNOCENT until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.
- You have the RIGHT TO BE INFORMED OF THE CHARGES against you.
- You have the RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT concerning the charges against you, and anything you say may be held against you.
- You have the RIGHT TO RETAIN AN ATTORNEY .
- You have the RIGHT TO BE ASSIGNED AN ATTORNEY if the judge determines that you cannot afford an attorney, and there is likelihood that if you are convicted, you will either go to jail, receive a substantial fine or your driver’s license will be suspended.
- You have the RIGHT TO REQUEST A REASONABLE POSTPONEMENT so that you may have an opportunity to consult with your attorney and prepare a proper defense.
- You have the RIGHT TO TESTIFY OR NOT TO TESTIFY on your own behalf.
- You have the RIGHT TO CALL OR SUBPOENA WITNESSES to testify on your behalf.
- You have the RIGHT TO APPEAL within 20 days of any conviction.
If you think you need the services of an interpreter, please notify the municipal court administrator prior to your appearance in court.
For more information regarding your case, contact the municipal court at the phone number found on the ticket or court notice. You may also find municipal court telephone numbers online at njcourts.com or in the blue pages of your telephone book.
For general information regarding municipal courts, contact one of the following regional offices:
New Jersey Judiciary
Stuart Rabner, Chief Justice
Glenn A. Grant, J.A.D., Acting Administrative Director of the Courts
Municipal Division Offices
|Atlantic 609-909-8226||Middlesex 732-519-3985|
|Bergen 201-527-2266||Monmouth 732-677-4219|
|Burlington 609-518-2598||Morris 973-656-3977|
|Camden 856-379-2383||Ocean 732-929-2042|
|Cape May 609-909-8226||Passaic 973-247-8102|
|Cumberland 856-853-3482||Salem 856-853-3482|
|Essex 973-693-5790||Somerset 908-231-7508|
|Gloucester 856-853-3482||Sussex 973-656-3977|
|Hudson 201-795-6108||Union 908-659-4941|
|Hunterdon 908-231-7508||Warren 908-231-7508|
Pay Your Ticket
State-wide traffic violations can be paid through this web site - https://njmcdirect.vip/
Penalties for Commonly Charged Offenses
|Title 39:||Offense||Payable Amount|
|39: 3- 4||Unregistered Vehicle||$ 54.00|
|39: 3- 29||Failure to exhibit D.L or Reg. ** excludes failure to exhibit insurance ID card **||$180.00|
|39: 3- 33||Unclear Plates||$ 54.00|
|39: 3- 66||Maintenance of Lamps||$ 54.00|
|39: 3- 76.2f||Failure to wear seatbelt||$ 46.00|
|39: 3- 76.2a||Failure to use a child passenger restraint||$ 54.00|
|39: 4 -81||Failure to observe signal||$ 85.00|
|39: 4- 85||Improper Passing||$ 85.00|
|39: 4- 124||Failure to Turn||$ 85.00|
|39: 4- 144||Failure to stop or yield||$ 85.00|
|39: 8-1||Failure to Inspect||$ 130.00|
|39: 8- 4||Failure to make repairs||$ 130.00|
|39: 4- 97||Carless driving||$ 85.00|
|39: 4-98||Speeding – Exceeding the speed limit by:|
|“||1 - 9 MPH||$ 85.00|
|“||10 – 14 MPH||$ 95.00|
|“||15 – 19 MPH||$ 105.00|
|“||20 – 24 MPH||$ 200.00|
Local Supplemental Violations Bureau Schedule
|Ordinance No.||Traffic Offenses||Payment Amount|
|84-5||No Parking This side of the Street||$ 50.00|
|84-6||Overtime Parking ( Parked over 1 hour)||$ 50.00|
|84 - 7||No commercial Parking as stated on street signs location: North 9th & Haledon Ave, Hopper St & North 6th St, North 7th & Prescott – Between the hours of 10:00 pm – 6:00 am||$ 50.00|
|84-8||Trucks over 4 Tons Prohibited||$ 75.00|
|84-15||No Turn On Red||$ 130.00|
|84-16||Left Turn Prohibited||$ 130.00|
|84-22||One Hour Parking||$ 50.00|
|84-23||No Parking in designated sides of the streets between 9:00 am to 12:00 pm or 1:00pm to 4:00 pm||$ 50.00|
|84-25||Limited Time Parking||$ 50.00|
|84-33.1||Loading Zones||$ 50.00|
|86-1||Abandoned Vehicle – Over 48 hours||$ 100.00|
|Ordinance No.||Borough Offenses||Payment Amount|
|35-3||Dog License Required||$ 50.00|
|35-4||Pet License Required to be worn||$ 50.00|
|35-6||Excessive animals||$ 100.00|
|35-10||Dog Leash to be worn||$ 50.00|
|35-11||Barking Dog||$ 50.00|
|35-12||Dog Committing Nuisance||$ 50.00|
|36-2||Cat License Required||$ 50.00|
|49-2A||Failure to Use Proper Container||$ 50.00|
|49- 2D||Excess Construction Material(s)||$ 50.00|
|49-2F||Excess Furniture at Curbside||$ 50.00|
|49-2H||Garbage Mixed with Recyclables||$ 50.00|
|49-3||Garbage / Business||$ 50.00|
|49-5||Garbage Prior to 4:00 pm or After 7:00 pm||$ 50.00|
|60-1(24)||Obstruction of Roadway||$ 50.00|
|61-2B(1)||Load Music||$ 100.00|
|63.-2||Landlord Registration||$ 100.00|
|72-1||Failure to Remove Snow / Ice||$ 50.00|
|72-2||Throwing Snow in the Street||$ 50.00|
Please DO NOT send cash by mail.
Hours of Operation:
Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Tuesday 8:30 am – 4:30 pm (Extended Day)
Friday 8:30 am - 12:30 pm
Phone: (973) 790-7902 ext. 527 or ext. 528